Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The Owl's Song: Domestic Violence: the Story of a Dancer

Posted by Hannah at 9:39 AM

The Owl's Song: Domestic Violence: the Story of a Dancer

Story of a dancer named Eva. She was a victim of domestic violence, and another example of how her pastor told her:

What was the pastor's counsel? (He told me this with tears in his eyes.) He had told her to be more submissive. He told her to obey her husband and to strive to please him in every way. He told her that if she did what the Bible said, God would take care of her and her children.

Now she was dead.

What haunts me most about this story is not that Eva suffered abuse and was brutally murdered. It is not that her two children now had a daddy in prison and a mommy in Heaven. It is what my pastor said. He was a young man, good hearted, kind and earnest. He said to me, in distress, "Perhaps I should not have told her those things. Perhaps I should have helped her get away from him."

Perhaps?


Very moving read!


If you enjoyed this post and wish to be informed whenever a new post is published, then make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates. Subscribe Now!



Thanks For Making This Possible! Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

Technorati Digg This Stumble Facebook Twitter Delicious

1 comments:

Jeannette Altes on 1:44 AM said...

Hmm... It makes me sad and angry and I feel like screaming at those who stand behind religious BS that puts people in this position. Thanks for posting the truth.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Awards

Blog Of The Day Awards Winner

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Privacy Policy

| Emotional Abuse and Your Faith © 2009. All Rights Reserved | Template by My Blogger Tricks .com |